The FAA has designated John L. Burkard, MD, Senior Aviation Medical Examiner to perform Class 1, 2, and 3 Medical Exams. All pilots, including Airline Transport Pilots, can be accommodated. Aero medical exams are a necessary part of your aviation career including Student Pilots, Private Pilots, Commercial Pilots, and Airline-Transport Pilots.
- To schedule an appointment, please call our office. We can often accommodate same day appointments for pilots.
- Prior to your appointment please complete the MedXpress application online at https://medxpress.faa.gov/medxpress to obtain your confirmation number. Please have your confirmation number available when you check in for your appointment
- Please bring a government issued photo identification.
- If you wear contact lenses, please bring a case and solution to remove your lenses.
- While scheduling, please make the staff aware of any special issuances.